Tuesday 14 June 2011

NOT FOR LONG

When I am closest to you
Is when you are farthest away
You have distanced and pulled away
Raw and cold like the morning dew
Upon a gray and bleak winter sky
When I draw you into my world
Yours shrinks, tight and curled
Like a ball or a clenched fist
Cold and stabbing like morning mist
You withdraw and hold back
Even when i cut you some slack
And hope that I'll get you back
When you smile at me
But never let me in
When you hold my hand
But never walk with me
When you look at me
And keep silent
Then you, my friend
Stop being my friend
And become something else
Something I do not like
But will stay with anyway
But not for long
Before I too walk away.

2 comments:

  1. As always, vintage Lyrical Assassinatrix,you have a way with your words ma'am. Soft-spoken as the grate of prickly nettle on a cold skin in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl, this is deep, cuts like a knife. you should publish. compile and publish, time is ripe before the season of your life fully passes. God bless.

    ReplyDelete