Friday 22 July 2011

TO SAY I CANNOT IS A LIE

We walk in a desert you and I
Surrounded by the sands of time
We once held hands you and I
Now we stand, divided by time
We once held hearts you and I
Now you've become a stranger, with time
We shared and laughed, you and I
But now you're gone...taken by time
Time...
But I'm told not to regret
Anything that made me smile
It's hard though
A wonderful friendship
Turned into a sailed ship
Happy smiles turned to indifferent frowns
Bright blues turned to dark browns
Dead, lifeless and alone
Yet I'm not to regret that while we were
You made me happy, even for a while
I'm not to regret that while we were
We saw the world alike
But now our paths are painfully different
I'm not regret that while we laughed
You made my heart sing for you
You, the one who makes me blue
I'm not to regret that I was young
I never saw it coming
But to say I cannot regret
Is close to pretence

No comments:

Post a Comment