Monday 8 August 2011

BETWEEN THE LINES

I will read no more between the lines.
It hurts me in the end.
Filling my mind with questions and assumptions.
Flooding my heart with pain and hurt.
I will paint no more vivid dreams.
Because they are but dreams.
The reality is like a slap on the face.
And chasing those dreams is an unending race.
I will put my colors away.
They can wait for another day.
I will paint in black and grey.
Dreary and plain whichever way.
I will feel my sorrows as I know how.
I will let the sunshine take a bow.
I will let my heart weep, for the sadness within to sleep.
To let it take a break and not wake.
I hope it will be a while before it does.
Then there will be time to heal the scars.
What I wish for, I do not always get.
These things I feel, I will not forget.
Carrying burdens on shoulders too small.
Always praying I do not fall.
Cry my heart, let the tears wash away the bad day.
Be still my heart, there shall be an end to this hurt.
Be free my heart, we are done reading between the lines.
We shall sit and watch by the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment