Monday 8 August 2011

THIS HEART OF MINE

I wear my heart on my sleeve.
So you know when I laugh and when I grieve.
And what story does it weave?
For a season it was crushed. Torn and abused.
Dragged through the dregs and gutters that are the obscenity of humanity.
Dirtied and soiled without a pity.
There it was, a heart with a flickering light.
Like that of a candle in the night,
Threatened by the harsh winds but still holding tight,
Even though not shining bright.
And this heart became accustomed to treachery and deceit.
Everyday bringing torment in new ways.
Tears forever leaving my eyes.
Truth snuffed by so many lies.
For a season, this heart was a pale shadow.
But it got the strength and grace to grow.
It got the power and beauty to glow.
It filled with color like a rainbow.
It became as though a new born.
We were strong my heart, were we not?
Until we became complacent and thought we were clear.
Looked into the sky and threw our fear.
We dropped our guard and wouldn't hear,
Those tiny bells that said the future wasn't near.
It wasn't even there.
We loved my heart, with our all,
Until the dream was dead and gone.
And what did that do my little heart?
It didn't right a wrong but it made us strong.
We shook it off and built again.
With strength and faith that will not wane.
You may try to break us but it shall be in vain.
We are so full of light you can't put it out.
We don't carry the pain we are better off without.
My heart and I know turmoil, but we know peace too.
We know lies but we know truth too.
My heart and I have known misery and pain.
We have given our all for no gain.
But now we know better.
We do for sure.
Yet we still remain pure.
We still remain true.
We know what we came to do.
So even if I wear her on my sleeve I am not as weak.
Even when we cry we are not as meek.
Even though you lie you are not as sleek.
My heart and I are new beings.
Strong, hopeful, ablaze and fiery like a roaring fire in the night.
And we shall shine bright.
We are going forth to be the light.
And you can't bring us down in any fight.
Be warned, we are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment