Wednesday 6 April 2011

I DANCE IN THE RAIN

[Image from http://smritib.tumblr.com/post/71405622/dancing-in-the-rain]

If the year that was be a sky...
It began with making a part of me die...
Started off with breaking my heart...
A sudden storm that tore my world apart...
Wasn't that a lovely start?
There were times the sun would shine through...
And through them I knew who was true...
Through the drizzle ties became brittle...
And alas shone those that were fickle...
Ha! So much did the year hand to me...
I took it in stride as if it were simply afternoon tea... Ha!
When the rain relented the snow began to fall...
As if I hadn't played enough hard ball...
As though I needed a remainder that you didn't heed my call...
When the only thing coming was my fall.
And fall I did...
To happiness, farewell I did bid...
Strenous and painful was each deed...
The sky raining generously on each choking weed...
Killing bits of me to get its daily feed...
The sky poured generously and fed their greed...
The lightning struck, once, twice, thrice...
A cold merciless grip tighter than a vice...
A fresh slap to start the day...
A dense fog clouding the way...
A flood I couldn't keep at bay...
But one that was hell-bent to stay...
All I ever did was pray...
For a better, brighter day.
The year that was has come to an end...
The storm has shown me my true friend...
My brighter end...
I bid you farewell bad year...
By you I have shed many a tear...
By you I have lived a life of fear...
But in you too did things become clear...
Lover and user...
Sweet and bitter...
Dull and glitter...
Friend and foe...
To stay or to go...
Your rain was a lesson of pain...
But now, like a desert flower,
I dance in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment