Wednesday 6 April 2011

WHEN OUR LOVE BREATHED HER LAST

When our love breathed its last I thought I'd surely die...
When its heartbeat stopped with that last sigh...
Just when I thought we were ready to fly...
Far and wide as the clear blue sky...
Now I'm too numb to even cry...
Wondering why I even dared to try...
When our love breathed its last I thought I'd die...
When your back was turned and I wondered why...
You would dare to leave without goodbye...
When you had promised you would stay...
When you were always there to brighten my day...
But now you turn my world gray...
And I can't even pray...
Trying to keep the tears at bay...
Not surprised you went your way...
But I long for a new day...
To wash this pain away...
When our love breathed its last and you were gone...
When you left my heart bleeding and torn...
When you left my spirit battered and worn...
When you made it clear you had won...
I never thought I would move on
Or sing a new song...
But now?
I'm glad you're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment