Wednesday 6 April 2011

TOO GOOD TO BE

It can't be true...
But I open my eyes and see you.
It feels surreal...
Yet I cannot ignore what I feel.
The quiet thumping of my heart...
The lonely ache when we're apart...
Your presence tortures my very essence...
Lifted straight out of my dreams you were...
Stirring my heart way too far...
This can't be real...
But you're here in front of me.
The reason I smile secretly...
Indulging my senses recklessly...
Teasing my feelings torturously...
Rising and rising like tide in the sea...
I must come back to reality...
A reality I fear...
Afraid to hold you dear...
Afraid to let you in...
To embrace all that's within...
Afraid to dance it all away...
In case the music should fade and die...
Afraid that you may know what I really feel...
Because it's too good to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment