Wednesday 6 April 2011

DO NOT THINK ME A FOOL

Do not think me a fool
Do not think me a fool, even though I keep my cool
Do not think me a fool even if it is easy for you to do
When your heart is a well of venom and I still smile at you

Do not think me a fool.
Do not think we can play this game
Even if my heart appears tame
When you want to taste and to play
To go and to stay
Be sure I will go my way

Do not think I will forget you
My heart may not race when I see you
A lofty dream may have ended with you
Any feeling for you cold as the morning dew

But I will not forget
That my heart bled for you
That my soul was drained by you
That my thoughts were twisted by you
Blowing hot blowing cold
Pleasure and pain untold

Need I forgive you?
What wrong did you do?
You only walked away
Turned my world gray
You couldn't stay

But hey....
I'll still see another day

No comments:

Post a Comment