Wednesday 6 April 2011

TELL ME I AM NO LONGER YOURS

What is this that you are making me feel?
What emptiness is this that has become part of me?
Was all this part of the deal?
What hollowness is this that is inside me?
You slowly but steadily push me away.
You gently but surely darken a bright day.
Yet whatever is inside you, you do not say.
Leaving me wondering if I'm meant to stay.
If whatever you once felt is no longer there.
If it is your life you no longer want to share .
If it means that you will lay your heart bare.
Then lay it so that mine does not wear.
If it is my hand you no longer want to hold on to,
If it is the little things that you no longer want to do,
If the love has dried as the sun does to dew,
Then tell me so my feelings do not stew.
If my sorrows have become too heavy for your shoulder,
If your warmth toward me is becoming colder,
Let me know then, so that my feelings stop to smoulder.
Tell me, for the questions are making my heart older.
If it is my lips you no longer want against yours,
If it is my heartbeat you need not alongside yours,
If it is my eyes you want not looking into yours,
Then, pray, do tell me I am not yours.

3 comments:

  1. mmmhhh you will always be mine: iribe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so powerfully, Lyrical Assassinatrix! Your poetry is piercing yet soothing and in some crazy mix it has those difficult questions you employ by the device of rhetoric that holds me spellbound.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete