Friday 1 April 2011

WHEN I BURNT THE BRIDGE


[image from http://art4linux.org/system/files/bridge+II-1600x1200.jpg]

When I burnt that bridge to you...
It was because I wanted to forget you...
Forget everything to do with you...
Because after all, it was about you.
When I burnt that bridge that led to you...
I wanted the memory of you to burn...
I wanted life to take a fresh turn...
I wanted you to know I was done.
When I burnt the bridge between us...
It was because you sunk me to a low I would never have reached on my own...
It was because you made me reap the pain you had sown...
You took away chunks and pieces of a heart that was never your own...
You repulse me.
Even the mention of your name makes me fan the flame...
So that this bridge may soon turn to ash before our eyes...
So that we will turn our backs at each other with no goodbyes...
You have made me cry and now I say goodbye...
I burn this bridge and await a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment